Hands On Treatments
Covid Pandemic: As a Level 5 Advanced Clinical Massage therapist I’m qualified to treat a wide range of injuries and conditions, work in hospitals and GP surgeries and am currently working with the NHS for Online Therapies. I treat many elderly and clinically vulnerable clients and treating clients safely is my main priority. I have a 100% Covid safety record with a full risk assessment.
Although there are no Lockdowns or Tiers as a healthcare professional I am legally able to see clients during these times for face-to-face treatments if there is a clinical physical or mental health need as per the latest Government Guidance on Personal Care facilities and close contact services.
Covid – Changes To Treatments & Protocols During The Pandemic
Covid has and continues to change many aspects of our lives, especially for those of us in close contact with others. I care about my clients, it’s why I do what I do. So your safety is paramount to me, as is that of my partner and other clients, many of whom may be vulnerable or have others in their family who are.
New procedures have now been introduced to ensure that a safe and effective service can still be provided to patients whilst maintaining a safe working environment for myself and others at my home clinic.
I know it might be disappointing not to be able to go back to the way things were pre-lockdown, but I know you’ll appreciate that this is for your own health and safety as well as that of your loved ones and anyone you might come into contact with. Sadly both my family members and one of my clients has died of Covid and I have several who are still very ill with post-infection complications even after 2 years.
As a close contact worker I have to follow Guidelines given to me by the Government, my professional bodies and my insurance company. I have also carried out a full risk assessment, which I continue to reassess regularly.
The key changes are as follows:
- Mask: You will now need to wear a face-covering for the duration of the session, unless you have an official exemption I only require you to wear it when you are lying face up or on your side. When face down you can still wear your mask but are not required to.
- Covid-19 declaration form: you will need to fill this in before your first treatment. This is a requirement of my professional bodies and professional and public liability insurance
- Initial & Follow-Up Consultations: these are usually at my home distanced and in masks. They can be given remotely by Zoom, FaceTime or phone to minimise close-contact time if required
- Hand sanitiser, hand wash, disposable paper towels and sealed pedal bins are provided
- Cleaning: Commonly-touched areas are sterilised regularly. The treatment room is thoroughly cleaned and sterilised between patients. This is carried out by fogging and cleaning with Edge Protect, proven to kill Coronavirus
- Washing: Laundry linens are washed every time as usual
- Ventilation: Treatments are staggered with a minimum 1 hour gap before and after each appointments to allow cleaning and full ventilation. and where the weather permits treatments will be ventilated with an open window. Air vents are open at all times.
- A Plastic Box: is provided for your clothes
- Air purifier (HEPA & UV): this is used between each treatment and also removes virus particles
- Dehumidifier: research has shown that Covid is inhibited by less than 50% humidity
For your care and safety as my commitment to you:
- Covid lateral flow tests: 1-2 times a week or if I have symptoms
- Covid: be open and honest with you, and not work if I or my household suspect we have been in contact with might have covid; covid symptoms or need to self isolate
- Covid vaccines: 1st vaccination – 29th March, 2nd vaccination – 17th June & 3rd vaccination – 16th December 2021
- PPE: wear a full KN95 medical grade mask, visor and apron
- Hand Hygiene: scrub with hospital protocols, and offer non-latex gloves
- Cleaning: fog and sanitise the Treatment room, furniture and commonly touched areas with XtraProtect
- Air purifier: in the treatment room that removes virus particles
- Dehumidifier: in the treatment room; research has shown that Covid is inhibited by less than 50% humidity
- Ventilate: the room between each client for an hour before and after
- Wash: all linens for every treatment as usual
- Room furniture: kept at a minimum and provide a plastic box for clients clothes
In return for the safety of myself, my household and all my other clients I ask that you:
- Covid lateral flow tests: I will test myself 1-2 times per week
- Covid: I will be open and honest with you, and not work if I or my household suspect we have been in contact with might have covid; covid symptoms or need to self isolate.
- Covid vaccine: 1st vaccine: 29th March 20121; 2nd vaccine: 17th June 2021; 3rd vaccine: 16th December 2021
- Remote consultations: if you prefer I can offer consultations remotely
- initial consultations via Zoom, FaceTime or phone
- follow-up treatments via phone from your car prior to treatment
- any aftercare consultations can be given remotely by Zoom, FaceTime or phone
- PPE: I wear a full KN95 medical grade mask and apron
- Hand Hygiene: I scrub with hospital protocols, and offer non-latex gloves
- Cleaning: the Treatment room is fully fogged and sanitised, furniture and commonly touched areas are also treated with XtraProtect
- Air purifier: provided in the treatment room that removes virus particles
- Ventilation: the room isn fully ventilated between each client for an hour before and after
- Laundry: all linens are washed for every treatment
- Room furniture: kept to a minimum and a plastic box is provided for clients clothes
Hands On Treatments During Lockdowns & Tiers
As we are in the middle of a pandemic my main aim as both a caring and professional therapist is that you are all as safe as possible. As such any treatments that take place during lockdowns or tiers can be can be face-to-face if following the Government Guidance:
- Clinical massage therapy only (not relaxation etc)
- Clients must have a clear, clinical physical or mental health need (not just want) for treatment
e.g. injury, acute pain/pain relief, serious mental health requirement etc
- Treatment is required during lockdown and the client is unable to wait until it is lifted
- Other treatment types are unsuitable e.g. online self care therapy
- Full covid screening and protocols will apply as usual including online consultation and aftercare
- Total Treatment time: maximum of 60 minutes with 45 minutes contact time
- Full PPE to be worn: for me KN95 mask, visor, apron and gloves, and a mask worn by the client
- Access: clients will need to enter/leave via the front/back door and go straight to the treatment room
I would highly recommend booking in with me for Online Treatments as an excellent alternative during Covid Pandemic Lockdowns
If you have any questions or wish to have a copy of my Risk Assessment please contact me