I am a professional therapist with over 10 years massage experience specialising in reducing stress and chronic pain, increasing mobility and promoting relaxation.
I am qualified to Level 5 through various schools including Jing Advanced Massage Training and Neal’s Yard Remedies, work with Online Self Care Therapy for the NHS and am CNHC registered. I am therefore allowed to work as a healthcare professional during any Lockdowns for essential healthcare.
I use many different techniques and a holistic approach to healthcare that sees your mental and emotional states as interlinked with your physical well-being. I see a wide range of conditions, from acute physical injuries to long-term and chronic conditions. Through my Clinic I offer treatments both online and in person, and through these I aim to treat you to the very best of my abilities, using my skills and knowledge to help you to feel better, as effectively and as carefully as possible.
Sian O’Flynn BA Jt Hons, MA, MIFPA, MCHP, MBMHA, LCICI, Dip. NFLM
Founder & Multidisciplinary Therapist at Nature To Nurture Aromatherapy, Clinical & Holistic Massage
I currently practice privately as Nature To Nurture from my home in Hemel Hempstead. I have an extremely wide level of experience and am happy to treat clients with any emotional, mental or physical condition, although consultation with your GP or consultant may be required dependant upon its severity for your own safety and well-being.
My Treatments are grouped into three main categories:
- Jing Method™ Advanced Clinical Therapy (ACMT): for chronic pain, lack of movement, injuries, stretching or any specific condition or pain to be treated. The Jing Method™ blends the best of advanced bodywork techniques from both East and West with a truly holistic approach based on the biopsychosocial model of pain and modern neuroscience. The techniques used include range of motion & orthopaedic assessment; hot/cold therapy; trigger point therapy; neuromuscular techniques; fascial work: direct & indirect myofascial release; acupressure points; passive, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation & active isolated stretching; manual therapy and physiotherapy techniques
- McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release (MSTR®): a specialised technique to safely and gently work with scars and scar tissue.
Holistic Relaxation Massage
- Swedish, Soft Tissue and Deep Tissue Massage: for relaxation, mental and emotional well-being.
- Indian Champissage: the traditional Champissage is a fast-paced full head and scalp treatment, invigorating and enlivening, which helps to energise.
- Indian Head Massage: a slower-paced Western version which works on the shoulders, neck, head, scalp and face, this massage is very calming and grounding.
- Facial Rejuvenation/Natural Facelift Massage: probably the treatment that sends the most clients to sleep. This massage is not only incredibly relaxing and enjoyable, a full course can also help to minimise wrinkles, tone and lift the skin.
- Online Self Care Therapy: this method was developed and pioneered during the Covid pandemic for those restricted by lockdowns, shielding, at a distance or unable to visit in person. Self Care Therapy empowers clients to help themselves with expert guidance using online self care methods to allow relief from acute or chronic pain, improve mobility and assist with reducing stress. Sessions may include self-massage; self-care advice; hot/cold therapy; how to find and treat trigger points; stretches; mobilisations; mindfulness and meditation practices and breathwork. These specialised online treatments draw on my advanced clinical massage and physio knowledge and are designed to work over a series of sessions.
- Aromatherapy Consultancy: personalised consultancy and bespoke products made for conditions or for natural beauty or healthcare, for both private individuals and businesses. I am seeing an increasing number of corporate clients looking for Bespoke Signature Scents for their business
- Natural Products: I’m happy to blend natural products for client’s treatments, including moisturisers, balms, hand and body creams, oils, scrubs and cleansing products. Unique fragrances for the home or workplace can also be created with diffuser blends, sprays and reed diffusers. I also tailor-make products to support clients with natural remedies for conditions such as Osteoarthritis pain, Ezcema, Hayfever etc using everything from pulse point rollerballs and pillow sleep mists to portable aroma inhalers.
Pregnancy and Antenatal Care
I am fully qualified in Pregnancy Massage and Antenatal Care and all of the above treatments can usually be adapted to treat Pregnant clients