Coronavirus – Changes To Treatments & Protocols During Covid-19 Pandemic
Coronavirus has and continues to change many aspects of our lives, especially for those of us in close contact with others. I care about my clients, it’s why I do what I do. So your safety is paramount to me, as is that of my partner and other clients, many of whom may be vulnerable or have others in their family who are.
New procedures have now been introduced to ensure that a safe and effective service can still be provided to patients whilst maintaining a safe working environment for myself and others at my home clinic.
I know it might be disappointing not to be able to go back to the way things were pre-lockdown, but I know you’ll appreciate that this is for your own health and safety as well as that of your loved ones and anyone you might come into contact with. Sadly one of my clients died of Covid in April and I have another who is still very ill with post-infection complications after 4 months.
As a close contact worker I have to follow Guidelines given to me by the Government, my professional bodies and my insurance company. I have also carried out a full risk assessment
The key changes are as follows:
- You will now need to wear a face-covering for the duration of the session, unless you have an official exemption
- There is a brief Covid-screening questionnaire regarding COVID-19 symptoms before every treatment. A copy will be sent to you before your first treatment and I will ask you to re-sign each time
- To minimise close-contact time, you now have the option to have the consultation portion of your appointment carried out remotely either in your car before the treatment or online by video/phone the day before
- Hand sanitiser, hand wash, disposable paper towels and sealed pedal bins are provided
- Commonly-touched areas are sterilised regularly. The treatment room is thoroughly cleaned and sterilised between patients. This is carried out by fogging and cleaning with Edge Protect, proven to kill Coronavirus
- Laundry linens are washed as usual, but at 60° as per guidelines
- Treatments are staggered with a minimum 30 minute gap between appointments with full ventilation
- A plastic box is provided for your clothes and treatments are ventilated. I am looking to provide an air purifier for the winter months
- Longer treatment times (above 45 minutes) are currently suspended to minimise contact time
- Covid viral transmission is greatest from droplet spread – coughing/sneezing/speaking. Professional guidelines are requesting that talking during treatments is minimised. It is also difficult for me to talk and breathe easily in a mask whilst massaging. I’m happy to chat in more depth at your remote consultation
- I will use medical scrub procedures for hand-washing
- I will wear the recommended level of PPE for the type of appointment that will take place:
- KN95 surgical grade mask
- Gloves – if requested
- Aftercare advise will be given as an online session or by email
If you have any questions or wish to have a copy of my Risk Assessment please contact me