The Benefits of Massage for Modern Lifestyles & Work
I am proof that with an excellent ergonomic desk set-up, regular breaks, stretching & a good exercise regime a desk-based job does not have to result in any back issues (I worked in offices for 15 years before my current career). However, I recognize both my extreme good fortune & the difficulties in doing this. Given the number of clients who book in with me with job-related issues (& it’s not just the office-workers, some of the worse cases I have treated have been professional drivers) the chances are that all that sitting may well result in back, neck & shoulder pain.
So, short of completely changing your career what else can you do?
Regular maintenance massage can help! Massage can be very effective in releasing the muscular tension & tightness that results as well doing your stretching for you (see my blog). Amongst the many recognized benefits of massage, it can help to:
- Reduce muscular aches & pain
- Release muscle tension & stiffness
- Loosen tendons & ligaments
- Improve mobility & flexibility
- Increase suppleness of joints
- Increase blood flow: this can be so helpful, it can improve circulation, reduce inflammation & improve the function of internal organs
- Increase muscle tone
- Increase lymphatic flow & the removal of waste & toxins
- Aid digestion: massage may help with conditions such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome & bloating
- Aid nasal & respiratory conditions
I can offer all massage as either Aromatherapy (with essential oils) or Holistic (with plain carrier oils or dry) using a wide variety of holistic, clinical & therapeutic techniques. Please contact me to find out more or book a treatment & gain some relief