Wheat-free, Gluten-free, Healthy & Low Sugar (& can be Dairy-free)
Makes c. 25-30 Chocoloco-Coconutty Lollipops if using an ice-cream scoop & quartering as below
I call them Chocoloco-Coconutty Lollipops! Once again I try to create something wheat-free, gluten-free, potentially dairy-free, low sugar & healthy – & it’s also pretty easy! I change them all the time – I like to add extra Coconut & roll in Sesame seeds for a Calcium boost (just 1 teaspoon provides your recommended daily amount) but experiment & change to your Heart & Stomach’s content.
Chocoloco-Coconutty Lollipops Ingredients (all available at Holland & Barrett)
- 150g/1 cup of Almonds
- 150g/1 cup of Pecans (or whatever nuts you like!)
- 75g/1 cup of Dessicated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Almond & Coconut butter (or Peanut or any another nut butter you fancy)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil if dairy-free (can replace with 15g butter)
- 125g plain chocolate with low sugar content (I use Lindt 90% dark as it contains 7g sugar per 100g, but you can use dairy-free as well)
- Small ice-cream scoop or melon-baller (depending on the size of your lollipop!)
- Baking tray lined with Aluminium Foil
- Lolly (child-friendly) or Cocktail sticks
Directions for making Chocoloco-Coconutty Lollipops
- Blitz the nuts & coconut in a food processor until they resemble fine breadcrumbs
- Add the nut butter & Coconut oil & blitz until thoroughly combined & starting to come together
- Use the ice-cream scroop to make a half-scoop which you can halve or quarter, or melon baller to make small balls. Stick in a cocktail or lolly stick to make your lollipop.
- Place on the aluminium-foil lined baking sheet & in the freezer to set for at least an hour
- Break chocolate into pieces & melt in a microwave or bowl over a saucepan of simmering water
- Dip each lollipop into the melted chocolate
- Dip into the Dessicated Coconut & Sesame seeds or whatever else you fancy
- Place back in the freezer to set for at least an hour
- To store re-freeze or put in fridge as at normal or hot temperatures they will melt!