Nature To Nurture Festival Season – Go Wild with Nature at Wilderness
Cornbury Park, Charlbury, Oxfordshire
Thursday 6th – Sunday 9th August 2015
“A place where art, intellectualism and fantastic gastronomy share equal billing with music’
Festival Season 2015 – Nature To Nurture
This year I am incredibly excited to be working as an in-house therapist at the Lakeside Spa at the Wilderness Festival 2015. This involves me providing TLC, massage & facials with Neal’s Yard Remedies products in beautifully-appointed yurts at the Lakeside Spa. So here is hoping for good weather & comfy camping before my treatment sessions. The rest of the Festival is free for me to visit & enjoy!
W is also for Well-Being
This is not festival-going as I recall it from the 1990’s, all youngsters in mud & muck queuing for the few toilets available, this is high-end luxury festival fun for families. The spa boasts a freshwater lake for wild swimming & bathing under the open sky, complete with hot tubs, sauna, hot showers, cushioned day beds & even a Champagne bar! (which sells healthy juices as well). If treatments are not your thing, there are also a staggering 21 different types of yoga (including paddle board yoga!), Tai Chi, wellbeing workshops, story-telling & poetry at the Daydream Yurt….
…and if you are looking to get away from it all in the crowded festival there is morning meditation & The Sanctuary for private contemplation….click here to see more of what is on offer from Wilderness well-being
To be quite honest there is simply far too much going on at the Wilderness Festival for me to even list it fully on here let alone write about it, but I will give it a go!
- Music – Björk is headlining in her only UK gig this year, but there are many others, click here for line-up
Food & Drink – spear-headed by Michelin-starred & renowned chefs Raymond Blanc & Angela Harnett, banquets, feasts, workshops, cookery school, stalls, cocktails & specialist drinks, click here for full listing
- Talks & Debates – everything from secret forum debates to best-selling writers at Pen International, click here to see what is up for discussion
- Theatre & Arts – the National Theatre perform Treasure Island whilst the Lost Picture Show offers ‘a decadent travelling picture palace’, Opera Holland Park sing Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland, 2faced Dance are on the Wilderness Stage, cocktail-making workshops – there is even a Wilderness Firewalking Ceremony! There are tons of performances so check them out here
- Outdoors – what Wilderness does best: wild medicine gathering (oh yes!), wild swimming, boating, horse-riding, long bow archery, fly-fishing, hunter-gathering activities, wild foraging, philosophy walks & secret adventures, have a peek here
- Workshops – Heaven! Stone-carving, chalk-carving, ritual art & Shamanism, gin-making, willow-weaving, coppicing, fire-making, work in an Iron Age forge & a Bronze Age foundry, black-smithing & pendant making in metal or carved from Cuttlefish bone, the ancient Japanese metalworking technique of Mokume, stained glass work, woodturning with a paddle lathe, beading, copper jewellery-making & silversmithing, axe & paddle bushcraft, felt-making, ancient sustainable wildcrafting, pottery-making & glazing, make a wooden staff or natural toiletries & products – if only I had enough time for all of these! Click here to be wide-eyed with choices
- Family – Wilderness is definitely a family festival which welcomes all ages of children & there is loads to open their minds & give them amazing skills & memories, just click here for the exciting opportunities
- Well-being – where I will be working & see the section above for more details