The Jing Method™ – An Effective Treatment Plan for Chronic & Acute Pain, Issues With Movement & Specific Conditions
What is the Jing Method™ of Advanced Clinical Massage?
The Jing Method™ of Advanced Clinical Massage (ACMT) is a unique outcome based system for addressing chronic musculoskeletal pain through a tried and tested fusion of advanced soft tissue and massage techniques.
Effective with most types of chronic musculoskeletal pain including; back pain, sciatica, neck pain, whiplash, migraines, frozen shoulder, sports injuries, knee pain, ligament and tendon issues. As well as systemic conditions like fibromyalgia, myofascial pain syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis and plantar fasciitis.
The Jing Method™ is a partnership between patient and practitioner where a six session treatment plan is designed to increase your mobility, agility, and joint range of motion (ROM), whilst focussing on decreasing your daily pain. The method works just like Physiotherapy – where you book for a course of treatments. This allows me to achieve effective results – as one or two sessions spread out over time does not give me the opportunity for this.
The Jing Method™ blends the best of advanced bodywork techniques from both East and West with a truly holistic approach based on the biopsychosocial model of pain and modern neuroscience. The techniques used include:
- range of motion & orthopaedic assessment
- hot/cold therapy
- trigger point therapy
- neuromuscular techniques
- fascial work: direct & indirect myofascial release
- acupressure points
- passive, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation & active isolated stretching
- manual therapy
- physiotherapy techniques
I cover all areas of the body including:
- Facial & Jaw
- Neck & Shoulder
- Shoulder Girdle
- Low Back
- Hip & Pelvis
- Leg, Knee & Foot
- Stretching & Rehabilitation
A Centre of Excellence
The revolution that is The Jing Method™ was pioneered by international chronic pain experts Rachel Fairweather and Meghan Mari. They have laid out their philosophy and practice in award winning educational text Massage Fusion: The Jing Method™ for the treatment of chronic pain
The Jing Method™ is currently used by massage therapists, osteopaths, physiotherapists, midwives, GPs, and those interested in a complementary health care model for effective pain relief and increased range of motion. So, what is it all about?
What can I expect from a Jing Method Advanced Clinical Massage?
As a client if you visit a therapist trained in the Jing Method™ of advanced clinical massage you can expect:
- A warm and compassionate partner to guide you on your journey out of chronic pain
- A reduction of your pain and increase in movement in 6 treatments or less
- Unsure about booking in for a full course of 6 treatments? You are welcome to book in initially for 3 & discuss – I am sure that you will want to continue
- A thorough assessment utilising orthopaedic functional muscle testing
- An individual treatment plan to address your presenting pain condition
- A fusion of advanced massage and soft tissue techniques drawn from East and West
- Tailored after care to put you in the driving seat of your recovery
An ACMT Treatment will involve:
In line with Government Covid Guidelines on close contact work the following adjustments may be made to treatments by your therapist.
- A thorough pre-treatment consultation and range of motion assessment – via Zoom, FaceTime or over the phone – together with your therapist you will agree on your desired outcome from treatment
- A 45-60 minute hands-on treatment with:
- Specified Orthopaedic and Range of Motion Assessment
- Hot/Cold Therapy
- Hot Stones Massage
- Myofascial Release Therapy
- Trigger Point Release Therapy
- Power Effleurage
- Passive Stretching
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)
- Active Isolated Stretching (AIS)
- Client Self Help Techniques
- Re-assessment of your pain levels and range of motion post treatment
- Follow-up aftercare session – via Zoom, FaceTime or over the phone – you will be given appropriate stretches / mobilisations / mindfulness or strengthening exercises to help achieve your agreed upon outcome in a timely fashion
If you are interested in booking a course of Jing Method Advanced Clinical Massage Treatments, or have any questions at all please Contact Me for more information