Luxurious Pamper Party Fun to raise money for local Hospice
Rennie Grove House, St. Albans, Thursday 4th December 2014
One of the many benefits of working at Neal’s Yard Remedies Therapy Rooms in St. Albans is that you hear about news and events and ok, maybe also because local businesses (such as Hotel Chocolat ahem), share their discount vouchers….
NYR loves to support local charities and I was very pleased to see that, as well as providing products for the raffle, a request had come through for any therapists willing to donate their time at a Christmas Pamper Party. Naturally I jumped at the chance – especially as I needed to wear either a Santa Hat or Reindeer Antlers!
The event was being held at Rennie Grove House to support the excellent work of the hospice. Local businesses and therapists donated their time, skills, goods and services – stalls selling beautiful crafts and Christmas presents, treatments (massage, Indian Head massage, facials, reflexology, manicures, pedicures, make-overs), a tombola, a raffle, chocolates, refreshments and mulled wine – what was not to like? Naturally it completely sold out! With over 80 ladies paying just £15 to attend with a treatment of their choice and glass of mulled wine, and any subsequent treatments a bargain at £5, it proved very successful in raising the funds target.
It can be tricky organising such a large scale event and although I was at first booked to provide back, neck and shoulders massage this soon changed to Indian Head Massage due to therapist changes. Then, with just a few hours to go I was asked if I could now provide facials, due to a lack of therapists who could cover different treatments – fortunately I can and could! This also provided a really good opportunity to showcase some of my bespoke hand-made products.
The facial treatments comprised:
- Cleanse with NYR organic facial tissues (Aloe Vera, White Tea extract, Lavender & Roman Chamomile essential oils)
- Tone with naturally astringent toner (Witch Hazel and exfoliating Salicylic acid)
- Massage with my Luxury Facial oil – my personal favourite, containing over 16 different oils! (Argan, Rosehip Seed, Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Jojoba, Pomegranate, Avocado, Apricot Kernel, Macadamia Nut, Calendula-macerated, Sweet Almond, Sunflower Seed & Coconut oils with Rose Absolute, Geranium & Frankincense essential oils)
- Moisturise with one of my five different moisturisers:
- luxury for dry skin
- balancing for normal skin
- refining to tighten pores
- soothing for problem/oily skin
- gentle for sensitive skin
All therapists and treatments were fully-booked all night and the ladies attending had much fun and laughter, relaxation and ‘me’ time in equal measure – and all in support of people who do truly remarkable work to care and support people when they need it the most. The Pamper Party raised an incredible £2300 – enough to pay for 115 hours of specialist nursing care in a patient’s home or a heath assessment for a patient in the Day Hospice. Me and my Reindeer Antlers (I even had a red nose too) had such a good time, I would definitely recommend supporting the Hospice either by donating your time or enjoying yourself with some time for yourself to also help others.